Public cloud offerings for “hyperscalers” such as AWS EC2, Microsoft Azure & Google GCP provide a lot of value when it comes to be able to stand up and run virtual workloads in a timely manner and provide various capabilities … Continue reading →The value of the hyperscaler + hypervisor model — CloudXC
Cloud Operating Model: Part 4 Art of the Possible — unknowntech.io
Over the last few weeks we went over the Cloud Operating Model as it pertains to Self-Service. We broke this section out into four parts because there are many things and areas where Self-Service provides tremedous advantage but we had to start with the Foundation, the Platform. In this last article i’m going to provide […]Cloud Operating Model: Part 4 Art of the Possible — unknowntech.io
Nutanix AOS 6.6 & AHV 8.1 — Virtualization, DBaaS & Whatever Crosses My Mind
Today, 2023-01-23, Nutanix releases AOS version 6.6 which is a Short Term Release, read more about difference between LTS & STS here and it comes with quite a few really nice new features and improvements. 24 more wordsNutanix AOS 6.6 & AHV 8.1 — Virtualization, DBaaS & Whatever Crosses My Mind
QCOW 3 Ways — n0derunner
How to mount QCOW images as block devices tl;dr mount a guest vm filesystems (requires libguestfs-tools) sudo guestmount -d –ro -i Mounting qcow guest disks on KVM host with guestmount If you are working with vanilla kvm and are on the KVM host the easiest way to mount disks (at least disks with…QCOW 3 Ways — n0derunner
Nutanix Product Ports & Protocols — Virtualization, DBaaS & Whatever Crosses My Mind
Not sure if you have already seen this already but recently Nutanix made a change to its overall documentation available via portal.nutanix.com. The change includes where product Ports and Protocols information is displayed and instead of keeping it in each and every products documentation it will be available via one place which makes it way…Nutanix Product Ports & Protocols — Virtualization, DBaaS & Whatever Crosses My Mind
Exchange DAG backup Tips | Veeam — Cloud Whales
General Tips for VMware and Hyper-V: Use Veeam ONE!! Veeam ONE tracks the underlying backup change rates that generate “suspicious incremental backup size” alerts.pCPU to vCPU ratio 2:1, recommended 1:1Size the Exchange VM in a way, that it can run within a single NUMA node.Use thick provisioning for the disks for better performanceDo not enable…Exchange DAG backup Tips | Veeam — Cloud Whales
Nutanix Security Central: Reduce Risk and Complexity — Cloud Whales
It should be news to no one that the number of cyber attacks and data breaches continues to rise. More than three-quarters of organizations have been victims of one or more successful cyber attacks. What about your business? How well are you protecting it against the onslaught of threats? As applications and infrastructure have evolved…Nutanix Security Central: Reduce Risk and Complexity — Cloud Whales
Nutanix Files 4.0 – New Milestone
Today Nutanix marked another milestone with its enterprise-grade files services with Nutanix Files v 4. This version along with normal fixes and security updates introduces new features to lure enterprises towards moving file services on Nutanix HCI.
- Files Console – The Files web console provides a new standalone interface for administering and configuring a file server from the Files control plane rather than from the Prism Element UI. The Files Console works independently of the Prism Element (PE) control plane and is dedicated for administering Files.
- Smart Tiering with Data Lens – Nutanix Data Lens centralizes data from all of your file servers across various data center locations from around the globe. Smart Tiering allows to migrate cold data from your file server to an object store using tiering policies, and tiering thresholds.
- Anonymization of File Server Logs – Log anonymization protects the privacy of data during troubleshooting, by masking sensitive information such as IP addresses, usernames, passwords, and file and directory names.
- Files v4 REST APIs – The Files v4 APIs are independent from Prism Element (PE) and Prism Central (PC) APIs. You can access the REST APIs through the Files Console.
- Ransomware Protection Enhancements – Expansion to up to 10,0000 blocked ransomware patterns per file server and Separate management of ransomware patterns and file blocking patterns. Manage ransomware patterns from File Analytics or Data Lens, and manage file blocking patterns from the Files Console.
Nutanix AHV : Running Windows 11 beta — Let’s Talk About Tech!
Background This is not a big secret, the next famous OS from Microsoft leaked over the Internet few days ago. Windows 11 beta. I’m not a Windows fan, but I’m curious about anything technology related (as you already notice since you are here). I was wondering how it looks and what is the experience. The…Nutanix AHV : Running Windows 11 beta — Let’s Talk About Tech!
Cisco Routers — FlackBox
In this Cisco CCNA tutorial, you’ll learn about the basic operation of routers and how they compare to switches. Scroll down for the video and also the text tutorial. Cisco Routers Video Tutorial Allan GomezI am already qualified and reviewing everything from the scratch. That is why I took this course which I liked a…Cisco Routers — FlackBox